Spring Weather Report - LINC 2.28 - Part 1

10:17 AM

Watch the video. Listen and repeat to improve your pronunciation. Complete the exercise below.
you should wait   •  this afternoon   •  so warm   •  can be   •  can I help you   •  to buy   •  will get   •  weather report   •  maybe I'll plant   •  that's great   •  we're having   •  well   •  degrees   •  I'm just starting   •  have to wait   •  have to   •  I'm fine   •  the next few days.   •  to plant  
Click and Drop: click on a word in the box above and then in the correct space. Check your answers. What is your score?
HAMIDAH: Hi, Manuel!
MANUEL: Oh! Hi, Hamidah. How are you?
HAMIDAH: Well, . How are you?
MANUEL: Very , thanks. Lovely weather .
HAMIDAH: Oh, it's nearly 15 (fifteen) outside.
MANUEL: So, with anything?
HAMIDAH: Yeah, I want some tomato plants.
MANUEL: Well, . I didn't know you liked to garden.
HAMIDAH: Well, , really. But I wanted some tomatoes this afternoon.
MANUEL: This afternoon? Well, you may . The ground is still a little too cold for tomatoes.
HAMIDAH: Oh, I thought I could plant them now.
MANUEL: Well, I think you may wait another two weeks. The weather forecast calls for cold nights.
HAMIDAH: Oh, and it seems during the day.
MANUEL: Hmm. Well, they're expecting some Arctic air. So it colder.
HAMIDAH: Well, do you think I should wait, you know, until the weather gets warmer before I even do my planting?
MANUEL: Well, some plants can go in now. But with some plants .
HAMIDAH: Okay. What kind of plants?
MANUEL: I have a pamphlet right here. It'll tell us. Here we go. Spinach, radishes, and lettuce planted early. But it's better to plant tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant by the end of May.
HAMIDAH: Well, some radishes .
MANUEL: I heard it was going to rain this afternoon.
HAMIDAH: Well, I heard it was gonna (going to) be sunny for
MANUEL: What time is it?
HAMIDAH: Ten thirty (10:30).
MANUEL: Okay. Let's see if we can catch a .
This exercise has been made using a free generator and script at Random Idea English Video Courtesy TRU University - Open Learning Division

You Might Also Like

0 comments